Thread: 06 GSXR-600
View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9 View Post
I've always heard there dynos read a little high but damn that's a HUGE gain after the tune. Are you using pump gas or race fuel? Stock motor or supersport build? Either way good luck this year Kaz.

It does read high, and the reason is because they give their customers the Dynojet calculated estimate of what the Factory Pro dyno number equates to. Factory Pro measures true HP (which is typically lower than what most people are expecting to hear). When Xtreme first started giving out dyno results their customers weren't happy, so now they just give out the DJ calculated number. The true HP number that my bike peaked at was 109hp (green printout below). But even that is pretty healthy for a 600 based on what I found on that link to their site up there.

Nothing special about the motor, its just a stock donor motor with the same mods as up top (I just sent out my injectors to be cleaned and flow-matched over the winter). Fuel is just normal 93 pump. Tommy said the old custom map in there wasn't not done very well, bike felt rough and dead in the low and low-midrange.

To be honest I'm not really concerned with either the DJ or FP numbers, what I'm interested in is that sizable chunk of HP and torque that Tommy coaxed out of the motor all across the powerband but especially up top. I can't wait to get this thing out there and see how it feel anew.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1554.jpg
Views:	1920
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	7009  

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Last edited by SPL170db; 03-23-2013 at 09:06 PM..