View Single Post

Old 11-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Ohlins is blowing out their old stuff to make room for the upcoming 30mm cartridge kits that will be coming out next year. In my opinion, do a cost/benefit ratio. I had been shopping around for quite sometime for suspension upgrades. I was almost at the point where I was going to setting for a revalve/resping of my OEM forks and shock. And while I do believe that would have been plenty for my speed and skill I eventually sources some used parts from WERA and for probably less than the cost of sending my forks and shocks out to get reworked I would able to find a Penske triple clicker shock and Traxxion AK-20's that I installed and got setup properly. I'm certainly no Valentino Rossi, but the difference was immediately apparent in home much more controlled and tractable the bike felt. It just goes wherever I put it and is much more composed both under heavy braking and on corner exits. Its just more reassuring.

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute