View Single Post

DO NOT buy from 58cycle.com!!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to BadKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BadKitty
Default DO NOT buy from 58cycle.com!!

OK, so i ordered a steering damper for my SV from 58cycle.com. They sent my one that fits and SVS. So I called to get the right one, and was told that I had to "send pictures of the problem" and that then i could get store credit less a 20% restock fee. I explained that there is nothing to photograph since it was all still in the packaging and that NO, would not accept store credit or a restock fee for their error. This is the e-mail convo that ensued ( in reverse order, sorry)

So, yeah, I still have the wrong part, and called my credit card company to deny the charge. If this is indeed the right part, nobody can seem to tell me how to get it to fit between the brackets on my handlebars without buying clip-ons.

DO NOT buy from them. Their customer service SUCKS.
----------------

-This is what the correct one looks like. See how it fits between those 2 brackets?
[pic was inserted]

This is the wrong one like what you sent me. The correct one is smaller than the one you sent me. See how it wouldn’t fit between the 2 brackets above?
[pic was inserted]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 3:43 PM
To: 'Iris'
Subject: RE: store.58cycle.com : Order #71071

We have information that both for the GPR's are the same. Please send us a picture of problem.

Thanks,

Ashley

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 3:18 PM
To: ashley@58cycle.com

The problem is that the item you sent me is for a SV650S, which has clip on handlebars. My bike is a SV650 with standard handlebars. Nothing is defective. It is just too wide to fit between the clamps on a stock SV650. Please process a return authorization for this part in full ASAP so I can try to get the right one by Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 12:58 PM
To: 'Iris '

That picture doesn't tell us anything about your problem with the fitment and why it does not fit on your bike. That pictures tells us that you got the correct part. We do not know what the problem is with the installation because you have not described anything to us and we have no pictures showing the issue. We have to contact GPR because it is there item and they would let us know if it was the wrong part or if something was defective. I'm sorry but we can not do anything with out this info. We will try to get this taken care of for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ashley

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 7:49 PM

Like I said, there is no problem with the GPR and it is still in the packing except for the main piece as it was when I got it from you guys. IT IS THE WRONG PART FOR MY BIKE. You send me the damper for and SVS. I have an SV. Why do you have to contact GPR???? Please send me a return authorization ASAP so I can order a new one. I NEED THIS ITEM BY THURSDAY 5/22/08!!!!!! I attached a picture in my original mail as well. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I have a track weekend next weekend and NEED THIS DAMPER!!!!!! PLEASE tell me what I need to do to get the CORRECT item ASAP.

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:51 PM
To: 'Iris '

Ok can you sent me pictures of the problem that you are having with the GPR? Also please describe in detail the problem we will have to contact GPR, with this info.

Thanks,

Ashley

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:42 PM

It does not fit my 2002 SV650 because I still have stock handlebars and you guys sent me the one for the SV650S or one with clip-ons. I need it for a track day next weekend and do not have $$ to buy one from somewhere else.

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:34 PM
To: iris

What is the problem with the GPR? what is the year make and model of your bike?

Thanks,

Ashley
58cycle