View Single Post

Finally getting around to posting an intro ...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
metricdevil
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to metricdevil
Default Finally getting around to posting an intro ...

My name is Mike and I own a small race shop (Metric Devil Moto) in Allentown, PA and take customers by appointment only. My specialty is suspension and chassis setup, but I have built several track and race bikes for local racers and track day riders. I worked with Shane Narbonne and the S-Works Triumph AMA team in 2008. We raced a Triumph 675 in FX and a GSXR 1000 in Superstock. Current P1A racer Dane Westby rode our bike for the last rounds of the 2008 season after Shane was injured in a crash in the Superbike race at Mid-Ohio.

For the 2009 season, I began working as crew chief for Pittsburgh-based WERA and AMA racer, Blake Kelly. We're currently finalizing our 2010 racing plans and we plan on running a 2009 MDM sponsored Yamaha R6. I've personally raced a few CCS rounds (on a Kawasaki ZX6RR) and often ride track days with TPM (who are one of our team's sponsors for the 2010 season). I'll be offering trackside suspension support at most TPM events this year, so look for me at the track if you ride with TPM. I'm also usually trackside at most of the north-central, north-east and mid-Atlantic WERA and CCS rounds.

If anyone would like to check my credentials, I've very active on the Northeast Sportbikes (NES) http://www.northeastsportbikes.com and have dozens of satisfied and loyal customers (and friends) on that site. I am also a mod and a paid vendor on that site.

I look forward to meeting some of you at the track and maybe helping out on the forum with some tech advice.

Mods: I don't mean to come on here hocking my shop or stepping on the toes of any existing forum sponsors or vendors. If you offer any kind of site advertising or vendor spots, please send me some info at mike@metricdevilmoto.com.

See you at the track.

Oh, and if it gets me bonus points, I know Cakes. Unless you guys think he's an a-hole. And, in that case, I do not know Cakes. At all.