View Single Post

Old 02-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
It absolutely is, because you can go through a (clean) bulking phase (eat a lot), and then shift gears to tone the gains.
All the body builders I know that aren't body builders anymore are now fatsos (I knew 3 competitive body builders a couple years back). The were telling me as they got older and went through their "bulking" stage for the season, it got harder and harder to turn that into muscle / burn it off where as they had no problems when they were younger. It seems to me that Kennedy doesn't have a problem putting on weight, where as someone who has problems putting on the pounds might want to build a base before toning. With that said I don't think that route would be the most beneficial for a person looking to get into shape and build some muscle mass in process instead of bulking up for competition. But that's just my take on what his goals are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I would like to get my weight to anywhere from back to 155 - 160 but keeping my strength and whatever muscle I currently have on my body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Bodybuilding is the act of building/bulking and then cutting to show those gains you have made.

Weightlifting is the act of lifting weights to be as strong as you can physical appearance makes no difference to you
It sounds like you want to loose weight and still maintain strength / size, doesn't sound like bulking to me. It sounds like toning.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 02-02-2007 at 04:05 PM..