View Single Post

Holy squirting oil, batman...
Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern
Default Holy squirting oil, batman...

Tonight was one of those nights that you get back home and give a big old sign of relief and give thanks for making it back. 4 friends and I were out cruising when would up on 22E. So we figured screw it, we'll stop by Hooters in Union. I'd never been to that bike night before. So we pull in, putz around, and while I'm standing there next to my bike, I can't help but notice the left side of my rear tire shining brilliantly. Sure enough, its completely soaked with the fresh oil I put in my motor last week. I am absolutely amazed I didn't wipe. Just a few hours before, I was hitting my favorite backroads at full speed...

It started a few weeks ago when I noticed little drops of oil here and there. Nothing serious, my bike did turn over 30k miles very recently. I replaced the gasket on the right side clutch cover thinking that would solve things (it had a few drops under it so I figured that was it). No such luck. Turns out the oil is coming from where my shift linkage goes into the crankcase on the left. I'm not a freakin' mechanic, by far, but that looks to me like a relatively serious leak to fix. I have no idea how the hell the inner workings of that go together. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me? I'm poor, so shops are out of the question. I will figure this out eventually. And I don't want to lose any of this valuable weather before it gets real damn cold!! Pic coming tommorow afternoon....

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED