View Single Post

Old 07-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #10
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
full synthetic. iwent into one corner the way i did on the F4 and literally slid to the out side. had to cut it hard and kill the throttle to keep from going over the edge. so i will look into those dunlops. i just need sticky with longevity. the 'hawk is all i got and i ride the piss out of it every where... how hard would it be to synch the carbs my self. moneies are tight but i wanna get it done!
You really don't need to run full synth being the pistons might have too much slipage in the cylinders and you could loose some ponies. I found a perfect combo to run it hard in the summer to keep it nice and cool, 20/50 semi synth is able to perform excellent heat transfer away from the motor with the oil cooler.

Keep an eye on the tire pressure being that bike performs very poorly even if the pressure is off only a few psi. Those stock tires are really only meant for straight line touring, due to their hard compound to keep the mileage rates high they don't stick well towards the edges and could prove dangerous regarding slipage. The Dunlops provide an excellent combo of mileage and performance, I was running them for years.

I had my carbs done at a top notch shop and they did an excellent job. If you haven't done that before I would suggest taking it to a shop, you'll save lots of extra money in fuel and engine maintenance in the long run. At this point you really shouldn't run the bike till you get that done or you could be causing heat damage to the internals.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'