Thread: RS250 questions
View Single Post

Old 10-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #12
motopix

Sure. Hit me up at motopix@mindspring.com or post on here so we can share the experience with other

For parts, I use Steve Rising Sun now. He's got a pretty good online system so that if you have part numbers just plug them in. Rick at Accu-products has alot of parts and knowledge but don't count on getting anything quickly and you have to keep on top of him to get your stuff.

Rick rebuilt my last crank. He does good work and prices are good too. He also sent out my cylinders to Millenium and did the cleanup work to the ports and installed detonation rings.

Not knowing what you got, you need a leakdown tester and a deck height/timing gauge setup, also get a rotor puller and rotor/clutch holder. These are must have items.

Typical fuel oil you see most often are VP C12 and Motul 800 2t at 28-30:1. An accu-mix jug from Rick comes in handy. I usually mix a batch and put it in a 5 gallon jug to use at the track so I don't have to bother mixing there. If you decided to go with Castrol A747 oil then you'll need to mix trackside and use what you mix within a week or two.

There are other oil/fuel choices that work just as well. I just stick to what I know and has worked for me.

edit: Do you know what size pistons you need? The previous owner can probably let you know.