View Single Post

Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #10
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

I am currently with Vzw. Had Cingular/AT&T for years (I think they were previously Comcast and CellOne)... I was mostly happy with the service, although coverage at work wasnt all that great. After the AT&T/Cingular merger my coverage at home was non existant, and that was the first time I had to really deal with customer service and it was horrible. They kept blaming the phone and trying to lock me into a new contract. Sigh.

Switched to Vzw almost 3 years ago and coverage is much better for me than Cingular ever was. It was good enough to drop my landline, which I would have never considered with Cingular. Pricing/minutes are similar but no rollover hurts on those months I am jobless and making lots of daytime calls.

Had an ex with Tmobile, and coverage was spotty and call quality was horrible. The phone was a cheap Panasonic, so that may have been most of the problem.

Ultimately you need your phone to make calls. Make sure whatever you get works in the 2 places you spend most of your time (work & home).