View Single Post

Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #44
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I love both bikes, I had a 99 TLR which was totalled in 03. I replaced it with the RC51 and last summer I got the itch for another TLR. Last August I picked up a 2003 TLR from Baltimore with low miles and I made the new TLR in to a full time track bike since I have the crashed TLR for spares.

The TLR is much heavier than the RC51, something like 40 pounds heavier in stock trim.
I spent the end of last season and this spring making improvements (spending money) on the TLR in order to get it down in weight and handle better on the track. Hopefully the money was well spent. I will post new pics of the painted TLR on the track day forum. Either way its fun to ride.

As for switching from Sato low mounts to Mori High Mounts, for me it was just about asthetics. The Satos are fill Titanium, the Moris are stainless with Ti cans. Heavier but I liked the loof of the high mounts. I swapped for the Mori's, but otherwise would have opted for a swap for Sato Banzai high mounts instead. I am satisfied with the Mori's though.

Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Last edited by NYCSTRIPES; 04-05-2006 at 09:42 AM..