View Single Post

Old 01-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #35
Kaos
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable
Because im afaid of those ever fearful ant colonies making my helmet their new home I just use the D-rings to hang it from the left passenger peg... Off the ground and its not likely to slip off, either... The grooves on the peg prevent the D-ring from sliding...

As for dropping it 8 times and not replacing it... Hey its your head, I am not going to preach to you about it, but I think if you are spendning money on bike "upgrades" before replacing what is very likely a useless helmet, you have some seriously distorted priorities... Bike upgrades wont do you much good if you are a vegetable and can't ride it next season.

Thats right it is my head and its beautiful at that.

I have been in one bad wreck were I hit a deer and me and the bike went head over heels. I had a KBC on and didn't feel thing when it came to my head. I jumped right to my feet after the wreck so i didn't even get knocked out or anything. There was even a rubber mark on the helmet as if the tire from the bike hit me. So I trust my KBC. I think you are paying more for comfort than actual safety when it comes to KBC, HJC, Arai, etc...

As for putting the helmet down I do the same thing as Jeff. I place it on the back peg. I either flip up the visor and make sure the whole bottom mouth piece is over it or I put it on the D-Ring.