View Single Post

Old 04-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

We were off to somewhat of a "shakey" trackday by getting there early on Sun to drop off only to enter the gates to a shut down Wera event as everyone was waiting for the Medivac to come get the woman who apparently had a nasty wreck in 9, hitting the tire wall rendering her unconsience. Don't know the details but being about 100' away from watching where the chopper landed right on the track was definitely a reality check for both of us. We just had to somehow put it behind us so that we could ride the following day. Medivac takes off, WERA event continues. We drive into the paddock, and its a sea of EZups...like fack, is there any room? Go to the spot, surprisingly empty, drop off, head to the bleachers at T-10 to watch a few heats.
Fastforward to Monday, 6am wake up call seemed to come way to fast Head to the track, tech, do some final checking/adjustments, slap on the tire warmers and we head to the riders meeting. Bout 1/2 way through, Linda walks over to me and asks if I would like to help out in coaching with ART Basic...it took a second for it to register on what she said, then I was like "Umm, me?" Look over to Kutesh like, "Did she just ask me to help coach?" Was hesitant for a split second but said sure. So throughout the day, yes, I became "Coach Cakes" (thanks Ant) There was about 17 in the ART Basic class...seemed to be a good group too. Between helping in ART Basic, and riding in Red, yesterday was the fisrt time I actualy had to refuel for a single Summit day And I got to ride in the same group as Kutesh again ...also can't even move right now I'm so sore.
One of the highlights was getting to dice it up with ism409. That 250 screams and is a great matchup with the sv. We'd go back n forth, having fun tryin to get the position, get a good drive off 10 and somehow slooowly creep past the 250 on the strait meerely inches at a time. Was a really great session out there...just like old times Great bein out there with Ant, Jude, Vinny, Ray...Jimmy was good to see ya...hes to fast for the meer mortal, Chris too Bern, congrats on the bump, sweet pics
All in all was a great day, I felt good, bike ran strong, and thanks again to TPM for a great day and letting me help out.

ps...got to see a white guy mow a lawn with a Mexican watching...had to be there...was to perfect. And yo Chris...I have your extension cord...I'll bring to VIR Mem Day W/E.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.