View Single Post

Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
wcrbikemike
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES View Post
I believe the sweet spot is just slightly forward of the axle.
Ken

I figured I would reply to all in one shot.

Joe, sure you can put a sixxer in there but there might not be any left when you come back for them.

As far as the weight distribution in the trailer goes, the motor is directly above the axle of the trailer. The only thing that goes behind the axle is my ez up which goes behind the rear wheel of the bike across the width of the trailer. There is a big tool box on wheels mounted in the very front of the trailer along with spare wheels for the bike and trailer, gas cans, other supplies and camping gear during the warmer months. This set up worked like a charm to VIR a few weeks ago. The trailer pulls straight with no problems.

For the spare wheels I used the same set up as you but mounted them on the front left part of the trailer to keep the weight off the door. Has this had any effect on your door or have you had any problems with the mounting points getting ripped out of the door?

As far as the Strapless Transport Stands go, they are the shit. Very simple to use. The fit and finnish is great. I have three mounting plates installed and have two stands. In the pic shown up above I have just one bike centered, the other two mounting plates are to the right and left of where the bike is to be set up for hauling two bikes whick I did to VIR.

The other things I am also going to do is paint the interior and install the niceraxx stand holders to free up more floor space and keep the trailer cleaner looking.

The total for the rehab has been right around $300.00 not including the stand, microwave or fridge.

It will be nice when complete.