View Single Post

Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #62
landshark
Short Shifter

Jase, are you willing to increase the chance of your sons school bus getting BLOWN APART? Leave Irag and those odds will increase. Not only does our occupation in Irag divert terrorist resources it stops the US from becoming immobilized once those same groups control the oil supply. Granted some serious issues about why the US went in the first place are huge concerns. Once we removed a greedy tyrant the control of the region was up for grabs.
Sure the US is an oil dependent nation, but the US isn't the size of Delaware and those Euro energy and transportation ideas don't work well here solely because the US is easily 70% larger than "France". Our country has lost the knowledge of many things because we encourage the growth of other countries like "China".
That knowledge isn't gone forever, it will just cost to bring it back with our boarders.
Change is something everyone could embrace as long as the change isn't radical and its brought on by a team with experience rather than an experiment. I prefer not to gamble away my childrens future. I'd rather work hard and show them that success is a measure of character and determination. Your reward is what you have created and not what others have handed you.