View Single Post

Old 08-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #11
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin_01R1
sounds like trouble to me. if you ride it up, how do you get it back down? sounds like a 2 man job.

and if you get a long ramp, it's has to fold up so you can get it into the truck when you unload...more hassle.

seems like a trailer is the way to go.
OK my 2 cents.
i got two of those 7 foot folding ramps. the onlymistake i made i got th eones that lok like a ladder with the horizontal bars going accros when i should have went for the solid ones..
anyway 1st suggestionabout the his is good but i dont have any hills around me... so i kinda set the ramps up about 2 feet apart and not really ride it up but put it in first and run it up while giving it gas and letting outth eclutch kinda like riding it up but i am on the side of the bike.. that seems ot work for me and my avalanche rear is freaking high. it would be better if youhad to people.. also they sell these motorozid pully devices which you can attach in the bed of your truck that has a remote that willpull your bike and lal you have to do is walk next to it and make sure its straight.
down is actually easy.. just cover the front brake and walk backwords...

so far i have not had any clearance issue swith my truck, my ramps and anyof the bikes.