View Single Post

Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
AkrapovicR6
Squid

Send a message via Yahoo to AkrapovicR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Dude if you just started riding keep riding and eventually it will come naturally. THROTTLE CONTROL IS KEY. Start off by doing power wheelies....they are very predictable. First gear power wheelies are probably the easiest because you know where the power comes on and where it doesn't so you want get bucked off as if you clutched it up.

After you can hold your power wheelies for awhile try shifting into the next gear and hit second. Like I said this is all about throttle control. I've done back when I was into wheelies 1st gear power wheelie shifted to second and even then shifted to third. Once you become comfortable on your bike it comes naturally so if it's a new bike ride it alot FIRST. Then attempt to do wheelies once you know how its going to react.

Hopefully its just a phase because man that bike can do so much more than just wheelie!!! Good luck.....and when you get comfortable and want to try clutch wheelies ask me or someone you know can wheelie.
Thanks for a real answer, I've just started looking for an older sportbike to do stunts on, so I don't have to worry about wrecking my new bike. And I don't want to be doing wheelies all the time, I just want to learn to do them so if I want to I can do it.