View Single Post

Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #22
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

First w/e ride for 2011.. Friday after work, we slabbed it on i-76 until the Blue Mountain exit. Grabbed a quick bite and warmed up a bit. Then it was off to Shawnee State Park the rest of the way via backroads.

The plan for Saturday and Sunday was about 300 miles each. Blue route for Saturday and Green for Sunday. Looking back, the Green route coming back was better than Saturday's route. In fact it was so good, that we decided to use this route next time to ride out Saturday morning and use the same route to come back on Sunday. We'll skip the semi boring Friday night ride.

Loaded up and ready to roll.. I ride it to work like this so I can take off directly from work.

Shawnee State Park

Probably not a good idea during moto trips...or ever for that matter. lol.

Traveling piggy

Beautiful weather today..

Sunday...

What's for dinner?

Close call.. TJ almost lowsided here.. you can see the tire marks. He felt the rear start to slide out. When he realized he wasn't going to make the turn, he stood it up and braked for a second and then slid on some gravel. From my view, his bike looked like a bucking horse that shook very hard trying to throw him off. Somehow he managed to stay up and pulled off to the side.

And.....moving on. More nice roads.

A nice break for lunch. The burger I had was great, but the sweet potato fries..not so much (they were not crispy).

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t