View Single Post

Old 05-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #29
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Speed View Post
Hey Bob, it seems to me you think ours is high for some reason? When we tune using the brake for step tests the numbers are actual wheel horsepower. When we are just doing sweep tests (which is what all the magazines post and everybody across the nation say when qouting wheel horsepower) we use "dynojet" numbers that we came up with by running a bunch of bikes then comparing them to magazines #'s to use as a multiplier. We did this because people were saying our numbers were too low in the beginning so we went with what everybody else uses when handing out dyno sheets. I am not sure exactly I can check but 170 sweep tests usually equal about 155 or so real Factory Pro Eddy Current Dyno Horsepower.

Jay

You shouldn't bow to the street squids that need their egos stroked Jay. I had mine custom mapped there as well and one of the good things I like about F.P. dynos is their repeatablity in results across all of their dynos.

Tell the dorks that are in search of nothing but high numbers to go to Factory Pro's website, read up and get educated on what exactly and how exactly their equipment works and if they don't like to go to a DJ dyno so they can feel like they have a bigger dick

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute