View Single Post

the track bike again...GSXR600 issues
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Default the track bike again...GSXR600 issues

So, I got everything buttoned up on the track bike last night, filled the fluids, and went to start it up...nothing. Actually, I first got the FI light blinking, checked the diagnotics for the code, got a "C15" Engine Coolant Temp sensor, and found where I forgot to hook up one of the wire harness connectors.

I hooked the sensor back up and then thought the bike would start. Went to start it again..no codes this time, but it was just turning over, and not firing. Knowing that it only takes two things to make a motor run, fuel and spark, I decided to spray some staring fluid(ether) into the air box and give it a try again. This time it started, but only ran till the starting fluid was used up. So, now I know I have a fuel delivery issue.

The fuel pump I have in there I am 99% sure it works fine. I used it before I did the motor swap, and now after the motor swap, I hear it kicking on and priming itself, so I don't think it is that.

The only only other things it could be is the hose that connects between the tank/fuel pump and the throttle bodies, or the throttle bodies themselves. Both of those items are from the new parts that I got, figuring since they only have 4000 miles on them, the should be working fine.

I finally gave up around 9 pm when it was dark and couldn't see anything anymore. I am gonna first try to swap the hose from the old throttle bodies to the new ones and see if that works, if not, I am gonna put on the old throttle bodies, since I know they worked on the old motor.

If those two things don't work, I don't know what else to try. Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Last edited by DougZ; 08-25-2005 at 08:45 AM..