View Single Post

So here I am minding my bidness..
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
sonny
Craigslist Champion

Thumbs up So here I am minding my bidness..

I get off the manhatten bridge to head home.. Get stuck behind some traffic and miss my left onto myrtle avenue.. So I take off, big black SUV in front of me, i accelerate up to the speed limit behind mr slow moving gas guzzler.. i have about 1.5 to 2 bike lengths of space behind him.. And all of a sudden a canyon shows up.

this bad mama jama was about 2' wide and about 2' deep. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I swerve like a madman. The front wheel goes in and pancakes the suspension. I think, oh yeah this is it im gonna slide accross the concrete like gritz do on a grittle. I slam the throttle and throw my body weight just about the same time the front pops out and the ass goes in. the ass pops out and i slide wildely accross the street (maybe throwing my weigh wasnt a good idea!). i back of the throttle and mr mean gsxr calms down, PHEW i thought.

reality sets and and i'm like holy shit i just drove over the grand canyon. i slow down at a light and throw down my kickstand.. BAM huge bend in my rear, and a tiny one in the front.

http://smokeshit.net/~osb/02gsxr/rim/

An hour after the battle my tire is still holding air.. Is my rim junk?

Shall I try to beat it up with a 2x4 and a hammer?

Should i just buy a new one?

Last edited by sonny; 04-22-2007 at 11:29 AM..