View Single Post

It pays to complain!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
vice86
Skid Mark

Default It pays to complain!

Back story very quickly:

Jeep broke down on me on Rt. 80 and made it to a Firestone off Exit 45/Whippany. After looking over my truck, the manager said it was teh catalytic converter and suggested changing wires, plugs, filters all for almost 1000.00..and this was after knowing that my fuel pressure was low. I asked how much JUST for cat change...he gave me attitude saying how he suggests the rest of the stuff and I said JUST THE CAT..and he gave me the price....another mechanic walks in and says its gotta be the fuel pump...the manager changes his diagnosis to "yeah, most likely the fuel pump"....so they change the fuel filter since it was the cheapest to do and the first step....didn't work and wanted to charge me an additional 750.00 to change the pump..ended up making it home and having another garage do it for 500.00

Week later I email the corporate office cuz it really pisses me off thinking how this moron wanted me to spend almost a grand on something that would have made NO difference....someone from Firestone actually called me back to appologize and at the end of the convo he said he'll talk with that station and credit me back the money I spent there...about 90.00

Sometimes it pays to complain.