View Single Post

Old 06-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaducati
if youre doing it cold turkey, the physical addiction to nicotine will be out of your system in 72 hours. so if its been 2 days w/o a cig, you have only 1 more day to go. congrats! after that it is just a matter of breaking the mental addiction and habitual associations you have with smoking which some consider to be the more difficult task. good luck...
the best thing to do is to try and recognize the things you associate smoking with and then find a replacement activity.

what kind of smoker are you? how many packs a day? how long have you been smoking?
I've quit cold turkey before for 9 months...but someone offered me a cig and I thought "its only one cig"....next day I bought a pack...GGRRR.

I smoke probably a pack every 1-2 days...sick of buying them and just been worrying about the effects of smoking a lot lately. And you're right...its not that I want the cig for the nicotine...I just want something to do...I'm used to going out 2-3 times a day just to have a smoke...my body wants to go outside and chill. It felt good to sit down on the outside top floor and have a drag...relaxing.