View Single Post

Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

It's already Day 4! I could really get used to this.

Bras d'Or Lake, located in the center of Cape Breton Island, this huge lake has some very unique marine life as it is part fresh-water, and salt-water.

We were starved and lucky to find this little gem in the middle of nowhere.

I spot what I want for breakfast.

We met some locals who were interested in our ride and wanted to give us a few pointers.

Talk about fresh eggs...these were about a week old. They get them fresh from the local farm.

Interesting collection of books for sale outside. $1 each.

I spot a humming bird outside too. I haven't seen one so close before..

Better luck from inside.

The view from the Highland Village Museum in Iona, overlooking the Bras d'Or Lake. This is a living history museum where you explore Scottish heritage.

The village starts off with this very primitive home.

We're told the roof is the most important aspect to this home. Obtaining the wood to make the roof was scarce. Others would simply burn the roof, which would effectively render the home useless.

Also, the fire in these homes would be kept going for generations. It was a tradition to keep the fire going. She told us how the fire could have been going since her grandmother or even great grandmother.

This one seems to be light years ahead of the first little home.

Old school sewing machine.

MMmmm....dinner.

Roast pork. Yummy.

She's showing off her advanced stove/heater compared to the other homes in the village.

No wonder my bikes been feeling so sluggish! That piggy is a lot heavier than it looks! :lol3

Piggy gets a lesson in Humility by DSH.

I love the smell of fresh baked bread.

Blacksmith shop

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t