View Single Post

Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Day 3! Time to get up, pack up our stuff and hit the road...

Shaping up to a very nice day.

DSH takes the precautionary route and puts on the top of his Frog Toggs.

Continue on the Fleur de Lis Trail..

Nothing too technical. Just a nice scenic ride.

Toad's Take Out. Sure, why not. Sounds like perfect road food. We haven't seen much else around here!

It's called Donair.. It was similar to a gyro, but the sauce was very sweet...a little too sweet for my taste. I suggest you get the sauce on the side.

We made it to Louisbourg Fortress Visitor's center. We planned to do the tour, but was advised that we needed a minimum of 4 hours to walk around and really enjoy it...and 8 hours ideally. We decided to skip it. Later on, we met up with other tourists who checked out this tour and they were raving about it. The "fortress" is like a big village where there are staff dressed up like they would've been in the past, doing whatever they would be doing...and they all talk in the present tense. Pretty interesting. We probably should've taken the time for this, oh well. It's pretty huge as it stands today, but we're told that they've only renovated about 50% of what it used to be.

It was such a beautiful day. Perfect temps. A nice breeze. Great riding weather.

Back on pavement...I'm sure DSH and his Ducati are happier now.

Yes, much happier I can see as DSH picks up the pace.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t