View Single Post

Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz-Solo View Post
If you haven’t checked it out already, Twisted Throttle has a ton of luggage options… Brows though their catalog when you get a chance… You can download it on their main page...
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/
thanks hanz! i didn't expect to find sidecase mounts for a supermoto... who knew, a touring supermoto... it's really meant for a 640 but i think the 625 and 640 share the same subframe. $229 + sidecases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Song, the single huge bag on the tail will really effect the handling of the bike when you load it up. Moreso than a passenger who's weight is lower and closer to the center of gravity.

If you are going to leave them on permanently, I would say hard case saddlebags. An occassional bag, the top hard one or soft saddles.
i was thinking the top case would be worse for handling than the ventura rack+bag because the top case would sit further back than the bag.

i've tried the ventura rack set up before with my r1. granted its a totally different bike, but as far as handling goes, i didn't notice a difference, although i was not kneedragging.

my concern with the topcase is the weight further back on the bike on a lightweight bike, plus i think it might look a little goofy, esp a narrow single cylinder bike.

decisions, decisions... thanks for the feedback guys!

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t