View Single Post

Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
metricdevil
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to metricdevil

The 675 shock is way off in stock trim, which is why any change makes a huge difference in the way that motorcycle handles. Ride height and geometry are very important on that bike as well. I haven't had good experiences dealing with Elka shocks. The Penske twin clickers are the right shock for the vast majority of the track day riders and club racers; they work well over a wide variety of situations and have a wide range of usable adjustments. Anyone short of a front running club expert who tells you that they can feel the difference between a twin clicker Penske and a triple clicker Penske is most likely imagining it. The Ohlins TTX is a great shock, but setup is a lot more critical than with a Penske. If you have a dedicated suspension guy on hand for support, the Ohlins is a good option, if you are more of a set it and forget it kind of person, the Penske will be perfect. Also the price point of the Penske makes it a very viable option for most riders. I have the last gen Ohlins PRX shock on both of my bikes, which was a great shock as long as it is setup well and kept fresh. The usable range is slightly larger than the TTX, but not as vast as the Penske. Setup is still critical on that shock.

Hope this info helps.