View Single Post

Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES
Fist off, they are called Supressors, not silencers. Ammo choice is huge when firing a weapon with a supressor. If you fired standard high velocity 9mm ammo, you'll still get the sonic crack as the bullet leaves the supressor because the round is still travelling faster than the speed of sound. Want it to be quieter? then fire subsonic ammunition.
As for accuracy, the MP5 is an entry weapon, not a sniper rifle. Its meant to be compact and put lots of rounds on a man sized target in short order.
Need to fire it more accurately? Practice some more, they are plenty accurate out to 50 meters in the right hands. One must remember this weapon only fires pistol ammunition and must be treated like a glorified handgun. Albeit with the option for full auto.
I have fired them extensively and they are great weapons when one understands their limitations.
Hope it was at least fun to shoot.

The M4 with 3 shot burst is also something that required training to shoot well. Controlling anything that fires rifle ammo in a burst configuration is something that demands training and trigger time. Muzzle flip is more pronounced with a jump to rifle ammo. Learn to control the MP5 with burst first, then you may understand the M4 better later on.
Ken
First, I refer to it as a silencer to be clear I'm not talking about a flash supressor, it saves a reply. I also stated about it not being subsonic and I fully understand what that means or else I wouldn't have mentioned it. I have a family friend who use to own a company that built custom "supressors", I've talked to him many times about them which is why I was so interested in shooting an mp5 with one.
We didn't get a choice of what ammo we could put through it. I know it's 9mm, I wasn't shooting a mp5/10 or something else.

I went with my brother, who is qualified as an expert marksman in the marines and also has completed tactical training courses, including room entry and clearing. We also went with one of his friends who albeit is in the airforce, is a great shot too. All of us and the guy who operates the range, who is also a expert marksman in the marines, said that gun isn't that accurate. It was probably just this particular gun, not all mp5s that are new and off the show room. This one has been through hell and it's obvious.

I' shoot an AR-15 with an m4 upper all the time. I quite familiar with it and I understand controlling burst fire is different, but I was talking about single shot accuracy, not burst. I'm well aware I'm not going to hit shit being it's my first time with burst/full...besides bump firing and the usually misfire of the ar15.

BTW, I did these with a M1 iron sights at 100 yards.

and when I want to reach out and touch someone I use this

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 04-20-2006 at 11:55 AM..