Thread: CCS Daytona
View Single Post

Old 01-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

I take apart the triples and grease and torque the head bearings. From the factory they use a shitty lithium grease and don't usually put enough of it in there. This is something that if you have time to do, I would. If not, then do it another time.

Loctite, loctite, and loctite. And even a dab of clear silicone over some nuts. 170+ mph can rattle stuff loose pretty quick. Sprocket carrier bolts and sprocket bolts MUST be checked after each time you're on the track. And check your axle and chain adjusters as well. Make sure your every nut and bolt on your rearsets and linkage is loctited. The oil filter needs to be safety wired in case you didnt get that already but I'm sure you probably did.
If you don't have a double bubble wind screen, get one. You want to be as tucked in as possible.
Also follow the tire guys reccomendations. If you are using dunlops you won't have an issue. They run higher pressures to keep the tires from heating and expanding and it works. Pirellis were getting destroyed but hopefully they learned something from the 8-hr moto-st race that they'll pass on to everyone.

I would try to get a little more mileage on the motor and start getting into that upper rpm range bit by bit. Even if it is just an hour or two of dyno time. Bring it to the coaches meeting if we have another one at Warhorse.

Do the practice day but ride it at like 80-90% of its limit. Short shift and don't ring it out into the red. After practice or before your last practice session, drain the oil, replace the filter and go for it. :-)
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *