View Single Post

Old 09-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

This will not be an "intro only" day. During registration you will be segmented for intro, experienced, racer, etc.

There are a few gals that are members of TPM that race and are pretty phenomonal. I have seen them race and ridden with them. I will be looking to get these girls out there to help with instruction and to say some words of encouragment. One girl, Crystal Campagnac, is all of 4'11..maybe 5 feet tall. She races an RS 125 2-stroke but started out on a ducati 900. She's quiet and soft-spoken but rips on the bike. She's had a number of top 5 finshes this season racing against the guys and one race in particular I watched her take 2nd.

And there will be a handful of guy instructors out there as well to help out and assist but I am going to try to limit it as much as possible to keep the testosterone quotient low.

So to answer you question, there will be instruction available for those with previous track day experience.

Check out a story on Crystal HERE

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php...id=news_071205

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
I've "been there, done that" with the women's trackdays with various organizations, so I don't need the all-women's environment to get me to the track. Some women need that for the first time out, so I think it's a good thing. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, my first trackday was an all-women's Reg Pridmore CLASS at Loudon in '95. If there's instruction for intermediate riders as well as new riders, I'd most likely attend. I'm always up for more instruction, and it would be great to meet some women (and whatever guys show up to spectate! ) from SBA.
As much as I'd prefer a different venue, I think Pocono East would be the best bet to get women out for the first time. It's local.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *