View Single Post

Old 09-19-2005, 06:54 PM   #7
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

The point of this is to see if the interest is there. I already coach for a club called TeamPromotion.com . They by far have the best run sportbike club that I have ever been involved with. Glen (owner) has more dates annually than almost everyone else combined so he is my natural pick for putting something like this together. I am going to speak to him about it on Saturday when I get to the track.

This creates a different opportunity than most events. And yes, there are a number of events around the country but they are usually sold out way in advance and I cannot recall the last time there was anything around here. I think there might have been something out at Beaverun like a year or two ago but for most that is too far to travel. So the natural thing to do is hold it at Pocono.

TPM has had assistance from Yamaha at some events and due to the recent exposure of Sportbike tracktime and their event in Las Vegas withthe help from Kawasaki this may present a great opportunity to the other manufacturers.

Again, the point right now is to just get the interest going. I can see this as being a very fun and helpful event. Please keep the thread going if you are interested.

Also, I am not familiar with every forum board out there. If you frequent another board, copy & paste this as a post or past the thread in there. Every bit will help bring this to fruition.

I am going to try to add a poll, so please respond to that as well.

I will keep everyone up to date on my convo with TPM's owner after this weekend.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *