View Single Post

Old 07-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #13
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

my hitch is on it's way! I got it for only $70. Not bad considering my dealer wanted almost $300! woohoo. It's a Reese Class I trailer hitch made for my car. Now, I need to order the wiring...but not sure which one to get. What do you think I should go with? Am I getting a lot of useless junk with Option 2?

OPTION 1 ($16) - Taillight Converter by Draw-Tite w/ 4-Pole End
Adapts import and domestic vehicles with separate turn and stop lights (3-Wire System) to standard trailer taillight wiring (2-Wire System)

OPTION 2 ($30) - 4-Pole Hardwire Kit with Converter (Includes Tester)
* Adapts import and domestic vehicles with separate turn and stop lights (3-Wire System) to standard trailer taillight wiring (2-Wire System)
* 18 Gauge Bonded Wires
* Taillight, Stop and Turn Functions Printed on Wires
* Includes 4 Insulated Butt Connectors
* Includes Eyelet and Screw For Mounting the Ground Wire
* Includes Circuit Tester

OPTION 3 ($20) - Taillight Converter with 4 Pole End
The standard taillight converter is used when a vehicle's stop lights are on a separate bulb from it's turn signals. The converter combines these functions making the system compatible with lights found on most trailers. This converter has a 60" lead (4-pole connector), 12" hook-up wire (passenger side wire measures 60"), and includes 4 scotch locks for connections to your vehicles wiring. * 3 Year Limited Warranty

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t