View Single Post

track tire ?HELP?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
breeze
Up Chuck

Default track tire ?HELP?

so im buying new tires for my bike and im a little lost.. ..... i have an 08 gsxr 750... i never had a "track only" bike before.. my tire of choice on the streets was the pilot powers.(i just have a lot of confidence on those tires) on perellis, on the street i wasnt to happy... the metzler m3 just suck.. and the qualifers were good i just think the pilots felt better.... tires are going to be an issue this year for me cause i got a whole bunch of track time planned..... on the track so far i rode the bridge stone t015r. basically what is the stock tire.....i can get sets of those for 220 which is super cheap but is it worth it to save a few pennies... in my mind no but i dont know how much tires are going to play a role cause i heard you go threw them like toilet paper........i have no clue what to buy mayb the pilot power ct2,s i can get those for 310 do u guys have any advise.... what tires do you guys run and why?? just looking for advise i plan to get rims with rain tires for the rain so lets assume dry track thanks
C.C.S.#323
METRIC DEVIL MOTO RACING
supported by: TPM/Heroic/Pirelli/Penske/Full Spectrum