View Single Post

My first track day! Pocono West (8/26)
Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Default My first track day! Pocono West (8/26)

Had my first track day with TPM at Pocono West this past Saturday (8/26). It rainy, miserable, and foggy, but it was an absolutely amazing experience!

The TPM coaches and the people at the track day were so friendly. I loved the atmosphere. (Maybe they were just friendly cuz I was there with Shamster's wife, and 2 females at a track day together are just too hard to resist! lol jk) But yea it was a great time. We took ART basic and Bill was really helpful. The other coaches were also extremely helpful and encouraging when it came to individual feedback and constructive criticism. Julie, Mark, Joe, and Bill were great. I love Julie, she is a sweetheart!

I especially liked the fact that the mirrors were taken off and I could focus 100% on riding and the turns and what was ahead of me. The controlled environment was such a different feeling. No worries about anything, just riding. It was great, and definitely addictive.

I also liked that I was able to practice body positioning and turns without feeling stupid. I never did body positioning or shifted off my bike on the street because I felt stupid doing it, especially since I don't go that fast on the street. Lol. So the track was a good chance for me to feel it out.

Anyway here are some pictures, don't laugh at my noob body positioning or at the ugly suit that I rented from TPM! lol...I'm working on both!!

my baby

sham's wife and i ride the same bike..look how cute our babies are on the trailer (couldn't take a non-blurry pic from our car)