View Single Post

Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #42
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerBig
Again, I can't really comment on this, since I've never been on the track.
Which is the exact reason why we're here...to help give everyone constructive advise based on our experiences. Like the 'ol saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make it drink.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question... Are you trying to say that there is a logical limit in power output on the track? And the 600 bike is doing much better with its power/weight ratio? Well, why would pro motoGP guys race something 240HP/320lbs dry? If there is a 120 HP reasonable limit then why would anyone want to race more powerful bikes?? If 120 HP bikes do better on the track, then they should choose them over 240 HP. It seems to me that rider's skills make that difference. And if you pass those liter bikes at the corners, in my opinion, that only means that you are a better rider...
Again, comparing MotoGP to track day riding isn't even remotely close. MotoGP race tracks are huuuge with tooons of run off. They're also riding on $1,000,000 machines, their braking systems alone are probly worth more than your and my bike total worth combined. Next, mentality...Rossi, Melandri, and everyone else are on a whole differnt level of I don't even know what...they're insane, lol. These guys are hitting speeds upward 220+ mph on some tracks, there is no way they can do that with 120hp. And because of this, MotoGP is changing its rules, starting with cutting engine size to 800cc.

Quote:
And if you pass those liter bikes at the corners, in my opinion, that only means that you are a better rider...
Not necessarily. It also means the bike is capable of doing certain things at certain times differently than another bike. For example, as soon as I hit the apex of a turn(or even a split second right before) I can go FULL throttle and just launch forward(this is one of the characteristics of an sv650 with any rider), whereas if I did that with a liter bike, I'd mostlikely spin up the rear and getting an upclose look at the pavement real qwik.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.