View Single Post

Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 AM   #41
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
It doesn't take a genius to figure out what I was refering to regarding the overall performance of the 10. It's a total package that has the power of a liter bike which handles like a 600. More power can be compensated with larger/better brakes & lines, you guys should know this, being you've actually been to the track.

You're speaking of rider ability not bike ability regarding white & red groups, doesn't seem to be much mention of this in Blue or GP. You don't see pros making many mistakes on liter bikes, why? cuz they know how to ride the bike.

My point from the beginning is that given a capable rider I'm sure the 10 will will not have a problem eating up 600's all day long. When the engineers at Kawi R&D designed that bike they did so with a strong spirit of the track in mind, not a lazy Sunday rider.
You are leaving out the most simlpe and basic fact here... The guy in question is new to the track, and this is exactly the point we are trying to make. Nobody here is going to argue that the 10r is a capable bike, but thats with an experienced and capable rider.

When people ask for recommendations for a first bike, general consensus here is to get a 600 or smaller... Why would that be any different for the track? In fact our advice for the street is just that much more imoprtant on the track where you are more likely to push the bike to its limits.

The 600 is a much better bike on the track to learn on, mostly because it is a hell of a lot more forgiving. Not that you cant screw up on a 600, but its just THAT much easier to do on a 1000... Spinning the rear, entering a turn too fast, etc, etc...