View Single Post

Old 12-05-2005, 02:10 AM   #37
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
You're speaking more of technical / what you read info, rather than actual experiences...go out on the track with a liter bike, then go out on 6...THEN you'll see...the stuff about the pro's...throw that shit out the window...none of us will ever see their kind of set ups, doen't apply to regular track day org riding.
I can't agree more here with you cakes, Unless you are one of the hayden brothers you can kiss the factory perfomance "gains" out the window. And as you know horsepower means nothing except for the straight away and even then the more corner speed you have the better drive you will get out of the corner...10 feet on the gas earlier can give you a couple of fractions of a second to your lap time and that = winning races.

I as well was watching those guys at the GP moto race going down summit thinking, holy shit they are flying and thats alot of braking to be done before nasty T1....I remember freaking out on my bike at first to...WAY over braking on my first few laps. I can't imagine if I was doing 170+

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
My point from the beginning is that given a capable rider I'm sure the 10 will will not have a problem eating up 600's all day long. When the engineers at Kawi R&D designed that bike they did so with a strong spirit of the track in mind, not a lazy Sunday rider.
Another expierence, I remember at Summit being stuck behind a zx9r for a long time....given the fact that I would ride his ass every turn...then he would gun it on the straights leaving me in the dust only to have to overbrake to avoid hitting him in a turn. Ron im sure a 10r will not have a problem eating up the 600's but if you put an expierenced rider on the 600 and first day track rider on the 10r you get different results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Also in your case even though you're running a liter bike you can also rely on excellent engine braking as well.
The engine is not a brake

Now that I have been able to put my thoughts on this here. Let me get straight to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerBig
OK, I am not an expert, but let's define "to brake more". Is it "to brake harder"? or "to brake more often"?
I don't see any problems with braking harder, if your brakes can handle it.

As far as I know corner exits is the biggest problem for liter bike riders. Too much power with no or very little throttle handling experience can be very dangerous.
CoolerBig: I really think you are overlooking this whole idea we are trying to put forth to you. The reason we are trying to suggest purchasing a 600 is to become familiar with the whole track thing first. Trust me as soon as you get on the grid you will be shitting your pants, then you have to worry about the power of a liter, doing this and making sure not to do that. It gets hairy.

You can be a street wonder, and come to the track and get your ass handed to you...even twice in one day.

Do it the smart way and listen to some of these people.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Last edited by Kennedy; 12-05-2005 at 02:56 AM..