View Single Post

Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 AM   #17
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxguy77 View Post
Hey, I sure didnt vote for Corzine. But anyway, All I know is Im not dishing out $250 for the class that is being offered elsewhere so Im happy and nothing you say is gonna bring me down. This class looks to be a good thing.

Soooo.........
Hey I am thrilled you got in, dont get me wrong.. I had actually posted up the details last season for those who could take advantage of it (I already took it by time I knew about it).

I think CBRBobs issue is that its BS to charge an involuntary "tax" on motorcycle riders for a program they don't provide for everybody. Could I have signed up? Perhaps, but ultimately there are people who wont be able to because there are not enough classes for everybody, yet everybody pays for it.

While I do accept and understanding taxing everybody for services that only some people will take advantage of, this is one program that is by far more efficiently run through private organizations. At the very least the gov't could subsidize the program, but thats not without its downfalls, either.