View Single Post

Old 08-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #19
CBRBob
A 37 Production

No sheep here dude. The old if it ain broke dont fix it is not how I operate. If it's gonna improve braking by 3% and it costs $300....is it worth it? Pads and fluid may make a %5 improvement for $75. Thats just changing parts to do it. Like people who sold their 03-04 600rrs to get the 05 when it came out because it had radial brakes. Yea ok. All the Duhamel wannabee's feel good and the used bike market gets lots of semi used bikes.
I know you like to change parts and thats cool but if all this guy needs is new fluid and pads, why sell him a m/c?

There was a guy on another board that was telling people that they needed a whole fork rebuild and an ohlins before they took their 1000rr on the track for the 1st time or they would crash. I told them to set the sag, dial in the damping and have fun. He jumped down my throat! WTF, the bike is meant for the track and this guy is telling everyone they will crash unless they buy 2K in parts. The people that are doing their 1st day will never use their bikes past 75% etc.

Do whats necessary, they do the fancy stuff if you want.

FYI: I am working with a friend who has big brake fade at the track. He has stock lines/pads etc. Someone gave him the brembo m/c line as well. I have a nissin m/c with the same bore we are going to try and see if the lever travel will be adversely effected. Don't want too hard a lever since the brembo m/c is much larger in bore. So you see, I am not against doing this if it needs to be done.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils