View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #45
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

This is RR long overdue..finally getting around to it. Better late than never. This was our annual week long spring ride. Normally we head south towards WV, VA, NC and TN...but this year (2011) we decided to switch it up and check out New England.

Our planned route: Ride up from Philly to Danbury, CT Friday night after work, then head north through the Green Mountains almost to the Canadian border and then head east through the White Mountain area of NH. Check out the Mount Washington area and stay there for a couple days to do a little sightseeing. Next head back west via the famous Kancamagus Highway and back through VT towards the Adirondacks to stay at a lake front house for a few days. Then continue south through the Catskills and camp for a night there at our usual spot near Big Pond (free primitive camping spot). Then finally ride home from there through some nice north Jersey roads.

Friday, we meet up after work in central Jersey.

Morgan's bike. At least one girl noticed this during our trip...she honked and yelled at my buddy "I like your monkey!!!" But he didn't hear her with his ear buds and music on.

my usual piggy passenger

just taking a quick break... we start on some nice NY roads.

dinner at a diner near our first night's hotel...new colony diner. good food, fast friendly service.

Day 2....!!

but first, a little breakfast..

nature calls.

perfect weather.

we make into Massachusetts... this area has some of the finest, tightest, smoothest roads I've ever ridden. there were many bicyclists riding pretty damn fast down hill.

vermont already..

matt's keeping up pretty well with his KLR.. we only have to wait a few minutes before he caught up to us.

riding is finally done for day 2... we settle in at a state park.

we were too lazy to set up tents...

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t