View Single Post

DAY 1 Appalachian Twisties 2012
Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #35
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Default DAY 1 Appalachian Twisties 2012

Trip officially starts for us.. It was supposed to be 3 of us, already down from our usual crew of 5-7 regulars for our annual week long MC trip...but I was disappointed to see our 3rd having to drop out d/t work, life, the usual bullshit that gets in the way, sometimes. This year it would be just Tony and me. I'm posting some pics Tony took...you can see his ride report and pics here, great moto site. Check it out. http://2wheelslittletime.com/?cat=5

First, I'd like to say I installed ADVMONSTER's LED lights...and boy am I happy I did. Check it out.

OEM lights

With LED on low setting...i'm guessing about 30%

OEM and LED on high beam / full power....wow is all i can say. the high beam bypass relay is absolutely worth it. i had someone merge too close to me on the highway one night. i flicked the highbeam and s/he immediately got back into the original lane.. that sold me right there.

Saturday morning, bright and early, we head off. Not many pics this day as we are making our way through to the promised land...West Virginia.

Yea, I can't wait to hit the road too.

first break

lunch time.. chicken was awesome.

West Virginia...finally.

Dinner

Dirt cheap but tasted great. I think it was about $12

Tony noticed my rear sprocket was a bit worn and my chain loose.. This would soon become my nightly ritual.

...but I wouldn't be the only one. Tony discovered an oil leak, which luckily turned out to be minor.

End of Day 1...and some much needed rest. An awesome start to our trip. Stay tuned for more.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t