View Single Post

Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

6 of us decided to do a w/e in the north/central PA mountains for this w/e trip. We planned to stay in cheap cabin in Coudersport, PA.

For this trip, I decided to take my sport touring track bike R1. It's surprisingly comfortable and is as smooth as a Cadillac compared to my paint can shaker KTM 625smc. Well, it is a thumper.. Anyway, as you can see, the R1 still has track plastics. I slapped on a headlight, mirrors, signals, and tail light/plate. They were calling it a locomotive.

This guy cannot live w/o his phone.. I try to use my phone as little as possible on w/e bike trips. It's my time to get away from it all.

We had some unexpected roadside repairs.. Front cylinder was cutting out. The sparkplug got wet from all the rain.. Bad design for the SV. Luckily we found a Napa to fix it up in a couple hours.

no..we never laugh at other people's misery. we're laughing *with* you..

...and finally the weather clears!

Pit stop at the PA "grand canyon".

hmm...no so "grand" if you ask me. Well, I did just get back a few weekends prior from a 1 week trip to *real* Grand Canyon.

Rt 6 is not the place for a spirited ride as a few of my buddies found out the hard way. They can't say I didn't warn them. Lucky for me and a couple others, we hung back enjoying the scenery. Rt 6 is not tight enough to really enjoy it unless you're doing stupid speeds anyway.

Otherwise, the ride was going smoothly...until...

We had another unplanned pit stop. One of the new guys on our ride target fixated and ran his nice shiny Ducati into a ditch going about 20mph around this turn. Luckily, it was a soft ditch on the side of the road and the damage was very minor.

And, moving on. We head towards Centralia, PA to check out the deserted town d/t an underground coal fire.

Having some fun in the mud in Centralia, PA....

...sort of.

Let's try that again..

...oops.

TJ showed us this creepy memorial. It had a photo of the kid at the memorial when he was alive. MD was weirded out by it so naturally TJ snatched one of the little green toy soliders and hid it on MD's bike. LOL, seeing MD's reaction when he found it about an hour later after we left Centralia..

This w/e trip didn't go as smoothly as it could've, but it was still better than staying home.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t