Thread: Tire Help
View Single Post

Tire Help
Old 05-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue
Question Tire Help

Tire Help

In time I will be needing new tire(s)

Bike Info '03 FZ1

Original Tires ( http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires...orcycle_tires/ )
Bridgestone BT020F U

Rear 180/55/ZR17

Front 120/70/ZR17

The first question I had was this.. Since the rear is wearing at a faster rate What are the problems with only replacing the rear as opposed to both at the same time? Will the differences in age/ wear be that great? How much will the handling be changed by this?

The main reason is I was also not sure which tire is best for my type of riding. I know this is more of a "rider specific" question. I do a fair amount of riding and tend to add miles quite quickly. (Already past 10K in 13 months) I also ride in just about all riding conditions except rain when avoidable. I do not ride all that crazy but once in a while have fun in the twisties.

Price is not the biggest concern. I have never found it wise to skimp on tires since that is your contact patch with life.

I have been kicking around the following but could use some feedback as to reasonable expected mileage, personal exp. , reviews, etc.

Metzeler Sportec M1
Metzeler Sportec M3

Michelin Pilot Sport HPX

Another OEM / Stock set

Diablo's

Thanks.

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion