View Single Post

Old 02-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #42
ratdog
Learner's Permit

hirevs...man u'r on every bike-related-jersey-connected board i've found lol

couple things:

>that jardine setup on the arceee you were talking about...there's more to the story and it doesn't have much to do w/ jardine if memory serves...i'm not an rc-whore, so the details escape me...but i wouldn't tout that setup as the ultimate solution...unless you're just tryin to be different

>Moriwaki and Sato - i own both and have tried 2 other exhaust setups on my I4 honda; Moris have a nice low rumble at idle and wail nicely at WOT but they don't scream like the Satos

both Mori and Sato make quality parts, if you've inspected the fit and finish...you'll know what i mean, but when compared to some exhausts built in the former eastern bloc or down under or even the brother Erion stuff....Mori and Sato have it figured out (the welds are really somethin special if u'r into that stuff)

Moris are oval - niiiice and have a number of nice finishes, you get nothin but compliments when you're parked at the mall pickin up lil girls ; power-wise, they give it up to the Satos up top...but they lack the obnoxious sound of the Satos which often causes problems w/ the neighbors or whoever...

Satos - nice large core cans and Sato makes the time to actually dyno tune, test and reconfigure...an example would be the Generation 2 can they produced for the 919 (smaller core, angled and extended tips) after receiving feedback from various owners (yes including LDH)

the finish of the Satos is a love it or leave it thing, a simple Ti wrap and a few rivits (you can get them w/o badges if you happen to know someone) isn't fancy and there's always the chance the rivits will buzz a little, a simple fix...the CF wrap is nice, just not my thing

both Sato and Moriwaki make plenty of stuff besides exhausts...rearsets and the like, expensive quality pieces..but pricey if you plan on bustin them up at the track...better to go w/ woodcraft or something

Dan Kyle can hook you up and so can Bob at BVH, those are the players in the Sato/Mori...you shouldn't be able to beat their pricing, unless you cheese one of them off

check wheeler's page for some good info, just wanted to offer an independent opinion from someone who doesn't bleed sato or fart w/ an a/f ratio of 12.7 to 1 (but i do have a dog named baba-san lol )