View Single Post

Bikes and Gear
Old 06-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #30
07RedbullR6
Learner's Permit

Default Bikes and Gear

The age old battle between those who wear a helmet and those who don't seem to echo similar arguments, arguments between those who wear gear and those who don't. In my opinion, bikes are dangerous period. Wearing gear or not your going to get hurt in some way or another, if you crash. Gear is simply a matter of controlling how screwed up you get, everyone knows that. Limiting how messed up you can really get seems to really be the argument. To much is focused on the gear itself and not on the simple fact that there are other contributing factors in some one getting really messed up and some one not. For example lane splitting. I'm going to be new to Riverside soon, and dang! just being there for 2 weeks watching guys lane split at 70 is ridiculous! Talk about getting messed up whether or not you have gear. Keeping the main thing the main thing is really just promoting simple riding principles.

I hope to meet some of you guys out on big bear mountain. Keep an eye out for the Redbull R6 with race railz soon.