View Single Post

Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #28
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post
It is stuff like this that adds to insurance rates... they calculate the risk involved in giving people similar machines... knowing stunters exist, and that there are stunters who hurt themselves and others out there, on bikes like the one I ride, tell insurance companies that there are higher odds other people riding those bikes will try that stuff too. If people started stunting on Goldwings, insurance on touring bikes would start to go up too. I'm not saying it's only stunters, but that certainly gets thrown into the Vegas odds of vehicle insurance.
The number one factor for inflated motorcycle insurance prices are theft. It's a 100% total loss for the insurance company. They have higher prices for higher crime areas right? I don't see any high stunt area premiums. But seriously, ask your insurance agent next time why the prices are so high or why some areas cost more than others, they'll flat out tell you it's theft.

Besides that, to get full insurance you need to get your bike fully inspected. Most stunt bikes, unless maybe it's your daily driver, won't pass the inspection and won't be fully insured. So the companies aren't paying out when they're wrecked. This part is just what the rider insurance agent told me about getting full coverage, I don't know if it's true all over or not.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 04-30-2007 at 12:25 PM..