View Single Post

relationship rant
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

Default relationship rant

The ladies out there are welcome to chime on this as well. I want to know if I'm really way off here!

My wife is a home maker and I work. When I come home from work, I'm on duty with our 15 month old until he goes to sleep. This varies between 9:30 and 11:30.

In the past few months I've started playing one of those free MMRPGs. I used to play mostly on weekends until i started playing at night after everyone is asleep because my weekends seem to always be taken with plans here or there.

Of course this means I don't go to bed until 2 or 3am. I have work in the morning, but I carpool with a friend, and my two alarms on my cell phone always get me up on time. I don't whine to her when and if I get tired.

Now she's complaining that she doesn't like going to sleep by herself all the time, when the original plan we had was that she would go to sleep "early" while I stay up with our boy so she can get up in the morning when I'm getting ready for work!

I'm using my own time (the only one I have to myself), and I'm getting annoying statements!

Should I be responsible that my second half doesn't sleep well when I don't occupy the 25% of the bed left to me while she's sleeping?

The only compromise left for me to make is to either stop playing a game I enjoy or play fewer times during the week. Other than the fact that I don't want to compromise on this 'cause I'm already sacrificing my own sleep and nothing else, weekends aren't even an option because I usually help out in watching my son since she does it all week.

Am I missing something here?