View Single Post

Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #20
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

...Day 7 continued.

Peggy's Cove is just a few minutes ride from Fisherman's Corner.

Our guide book said this is lighthouse is the most photographed lighthouse in the world. I'm surprised to see that they're renovating in the middle of summer...why not before tourist season starts? ...unless it's just taking a really long time.

Lots of cute couples there just hanging out.

We spent the next hour looking for a free place to camp. The locals said there's a spot where they've seen others camp there. This time, we didn't just charge ahead with our bikes like we did the first night in NS. This time, we parked the bikes by the road and walked the path to see if it was doable for both bikes. Unfortunately, the path was easily walkable but not so good for the street centered Ducati. We decided to continue riding up the road to a regular campground.

We set up our tents and got a fire going. The fire wood was a little damp so I dipped a cloth rag into my auxillary gas tank and tossed the gas dripping rag into the fire pit. Instant heat. I was expecting it to get chilly again tonight so I made sure to wear a few layers. I didn't want to get sick the last couple days of the trip.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t