View Single Post

Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Day 5 continued...

We got back on the Cabot Trail and continued our way Westward.

This is one of my favorite pics from this trip:

Our next stop would be Pleasant Bay to check out some zodiac whale watching.

I'm told these suits are similar to those worn on shows like National Geographic's Deadliest Catch. Sweet...

Our zodiac... if you're prone to getting sea sick, these zodiac tours are much better than the full size boats.

Our captain.

It was a gorgeous day.

By the way, for every pic you see with a level horizon, I have probably a dozen lop sided ones! lol.. :lol3

Cool...they were so close!

Good thing our suits are fully water proof!!!

Next stop....Dinner! We decide to go to the Rusty Anchor.

MMMmmmmm......fresh mussels.

...and Lobster Roll w/fries.

After a satisfying dinner, we continue on the Cabot Trail looking for a place to settle down for the night. We flip through our travel guide and choose the Corney Brook Campground.

Very cool beach.. This fresh water stream flowed into the ocean..

It's only been a few days we've been on the road...but it seems like the my daily routine is another world away. I could seriously do this for a long, long time...I could get used to this.

DSH spent quite a bit of time building this...

We were surprised to see this camper again...it was the same one we saw at Meat Cove, and then later at the whale watching parking lot, and now here.. We chatted with the foursome traveling by RV. They recognized our bikes from Meat Cove so they came over to say hello. They thought we were crazy for setting up tents at Meat Cove...lol. They invited us into their RV for some wine where we chatted for an hour or so. They were from Germany and were on a 3 week road trip which started in Montreal. Wow, now that's a roadtrip!

We didn't cover a lot of miles today, yet I feel thoroughly exhausted. We say goodnight and turn in for the evening.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t