Thread: New toy
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #14
BoRkA
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon FZ1 View Post
Jay is nice, but the lines for that BS gondola kill it for me. Stowe is nice. Personally I love Sugarbush.

If you have never been in the dirt before you are in for a surprise. Hit up some local stuff before you bother towing 250 miles, potentially on snow and salt covered roads.

Riding in the snow is interesting, but it's kind of slow going and since you can't see whats below the snow, it can really present some issues especially to an inexperienced rider. You may not be really used to having a rear tire spin, especially in a turn, locking up the rear, wheels coming off of the ground or fucked up terrain.

In my opinion, the dynamics of off-road riding are far advanced compared to street riding. Get your dirt legs locally or with friends in case you get hurt and then plan some trips. Regardless...have fun!
Yeah thats what i was thinking, i will probably wait out untill march/april and then try to do a few local spots, maybe meet up with some advriders.com members, since all my friends have sport bikes...

I really have no idea where to ride though, i heard there are a bunch on places in south jersey, but im still trying to find some more local stuff.

any tips on places in our around nyc area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Good to see ya back borris, the dirtbike/dualsport stuff aint my thing but its still 2 wheels

Tom
Hey Tom, its good to be riding again, i might even attend a few shenandoah days on this bike next season as well. its a super moto so it can do street, track and with a wheel swap it will do dirt. kinda like a do it all bike for me.