View Single Post

Old 11-09-2008, 03:57 AM   #59
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
So we all need to give up an extra 20% of out income to start another mismanaged govt program to SOCIALIZE healthcare so the line starts 15 blocks from the hospital with momos who want a shot because they sneezed twice today? It dosen't work in other countries, it won't work here either.
Kinda sounds like my ER We have to deal with a lot of the uninsured here and more so at kings county since its a city hospital. Over there you dont need insurance and I am assuming the city foots the bill but would think they get cash from further up too.

Not ot go off on too much of a tangent but its the drug companies that are also destroying health care. they have become very powerful and have govt backing on a lot of stuff. One company comes out with the latest greatest medication and they have a pattent on it for 3-5 years so they set their own prices. All this will get worse too when all these fat kids become fat adults and need all sorts of health care it will realy burden the system. I dont think this will happen while obamas in office but it will down the road.

Tom